This course explores topics such as the setup and usage of budgeting, cash flow management, multicurrency, intercompany, and consolidated accounting. Additionally, students learn about the multiple advanced payment options, how to produce customer account statements, collection letters, complete year-end close functionality, and produce financial statements. This course is an extension of the Financials I course.
Al terminar el curso
After completing this course, students will be able to:
* Set up Basic Budgeting and configure Budget Controls.
* Enter Budget Data.
* Define an Encumbrance and complete year-end Commitments.
* Set up Cash Flow Forecasting and create and calculate Cash Flow transactions.
* Set up and run Foreign Currency Revaluation.
* Set up and process Advanced Payments.
* Set up Intercompany Accounting and post and trace Intercompany transactions.
* Set up Consolidation and Subsidiary Companies.
* Print Customer Statements, process Collection Letters, set up Interest Codes and calculate Interest.
* Define Workflows and create financial module Approvals.
* Complete Year-End steps and procedures.
* Create and print Financial Statements.
Before attending this course, students must have:
* Completed Course 80219A, Financials I in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX.
* Grasp of basic accounting knowledge and terms.
This course is intended for partners, customers and other end users of the financial modules in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Módulo 1 Budgeting
This module discusses the concepts of budgeting, how to set up basic budgeting and budget controls including budgeting rules and attributes.
- Budgeting Overview
- Basic Budgeting Setup
- Budget Control
- Configuring Budget Control
Módulo 2 Use and Manage Budgets
This module examines how to view the status and history of a budget. The process for using budget control on source documents and accounting journals is also discussed.
- Budget Amounts
- Using Budget Control
- Budget Reporting and Inquiries
- Budget Transaction Web Services
- Integrated Budgeting
- Transfer Budgets To and From General Ledger
Módulo 3 Commitment Accounting
This module discusses the process of defining an encumbrance and creating a purchase order encumbrance. It also discusses the entry and analysis of an encumbrance transaction and the processing of year-end commitments.
- Defining Purchase Order Encumbrances
- Setting Up Encumbrances
- Purchase Order Encumbrance Transactions
- Encumbrance Year-End Process
Módulo 4 Cash Flow Management
This module discusses the relationship of cash flows to modules in Microsoft Dynamics AX. It discusses how to set up cash flow forecasting and define a cash flow forecast budget model. It also demonstrates how to create and calculate cash flow transactions.
- Relationship of Cash Flow to Other Modules
- Set Up Cash Flow Forecasting
- Define a Cash Flow Forecast Budget Model
- Create Cash Flow Transactions
- Calculate Cash Flow Transactions
Módulo 5 Multicurrency
This module discusses the setup required for foreign currency revaluation. It also discusses how to run revaluation in different modules in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Foreign Currency Revaluation
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Exchange Rate Adjustments
Módulo 6 Advanced Payments
This module describes the processing and setup of advanced customer and vendor payments in Microsoft Dynamics AX including bridging accounts, electronic payments, centralized payments, bills of exchange and prepayments.
- Bridging Accounts
- Electronic Vendor Payments
- Electronic Customer Payments
- Centralized Payments
- Prepayments (Deposits)
- Bill of Exchange Administration
- Ledger Accrual
Módulo 7 Intercompany Accounting
This module introduces the concepts of intercompany accounting. Topics discussed in this course include the review and posting of intercompany transactions, the setup of for intercompany accounting, and how to trace an intercompany transaction.
- Post Intercompany Transactions
- Intercompany Posting Setup
- Post an Intercompany Transaction
- Trace an Intercompany Entry
Módulo 8 Consolidations
This module discusses the capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics AX to consolidate subsidiary companies into a single consolidated company. Topics that are covered include how to set up a subsidiary company, setup of a consolidated company and how to perform a consolidation.
- Set Up a Consolidation Company
- Set Up a Subsidiary Company
- Perform a Consolidation
- Consolidations Inquiry
- View and Delete Consolidation Transactions
- Intercompany Eliminations
Módulo 9 Collections Management
This module describes how to set up and process customer statements, collection letters and interest notes to help in the collection process.
- Customer Account Statement
- Set Up Collection Letters
- Process Collection Letters
- Set Up Interest Codes
- Calculate Interest
- Managing Collections and Collection Agents
- View and Manage Collections Information
- Advanced Collections Management Tasks
Módulo 10 Financial Workflows
This module describes how to set up one or more workflow configurations, select a configuration and activate workflow.
- Workflow Types
- Workflow Configurations
- Workflow Approvals
- General Ledger Workflow
- Accounts Payable Workflow
- Accounts Receivable Workflow
- Managing Workflows
Módulo 11 Year-End Close
This module discusses the year-end processes necessary in Microsoft Dynamics AX. Topics covered in this course include creating a new fiscal year, how to hold or close a period, create a closing sheet and setting up fiscal year parameters.
- Create a New Fiscal Year
- Control Transactions in a Closing Period
- Create and Post a Closing Sheet
- Transfer Opening Balances
Módulo 12 Financial Statements
This module discusses the steps and processes to create a financial statement in Microsoft Dynamics AX. Topics covered include creating row and column definitions, creating and printing financial statements, and creating and printing dimension statements.
- Financial Statement Setup
- Financial Statement Row Definition
- Financial Statement Column Definition
- Print a Financial Statement
- Create a Balance Sheet
- Dimension Reports
- XBRL Taxonomy